Friday, October 24, 2008

Potty Training?

Back when Nathan was 12-13 months old I was determined to attempt potty training. So we would put him on the potty throughout the day and every time he would go pee. Then when he was 14 months I (Michelle) took a temporary job for a month and that ended our potty efforts. Since then Nathan has had no interest in the potty. I was so afraid that we had missed our window, that now it would be a very long time before he showed any interest in potty training.

A few days ago he came up to me holding a pair of Big Boy Underwear (we bought him a few pairs to try to encourage). He was trying to put them on over his pants. So I took off his diaper and put them on. Of course he wet his pants, but he was at least showing interest.

This evening Jon was changing Emily's diaper and Nathan comes up to me and says "poop." Every once in a while he will tell me when he has already gone poop, so I just assumed that was what he was telling me so I told Jon to change Nathan when he was done with Emily. Well it turns out that Nathan was mid-poop when Jon started changing him. So he ran to the toilet and Nathan finished up on the potty! I really think he may have been trying to tell me he had to go poop. I hope this is the start of the process!

No comments: