Monday, October 27, 2008

Nathan Goes To School!

Today was Nathan's first day of preschool! I can't believe that our little boy is going to school. We found a great program for toddlers that share many of our educational beliefs. He will be in school two mornings a week. I'm hoping this will give him the social interaction he craves. I'm also hoping that this will give him an outlet for all of his extra energy. And for me it gives me time to focus on Emily and doing things that are just so much more difficult to do with 2 children.

I wasn't sure how Nathan was going to react. When he first started gong to nursery at church he would cry, but now he is excited to go to nursery and bounces down the hall and right on in without any tears. Of course at home we have been preparing him by telling him that he was going to school. When we got there he was excited and recognized the classroom from our visit earlier this month. I was able to walk out the door without any tears from him or me. I think he is really going to like going to preschool. Only 1.5 hours until I pick him up. I better go do the things I need to get done!

In the car with the school in the background:

In the office getting all the paperwork turned in:

With his teacher, Miss Megan:
Playing:
More pictures to come after I pick him up! OK I lied, no more pictures. There weren't very many photo ops (didn't want to get pictures of the other kids knowing that I wanted to put them online). I have decided 3 hours is NOT a long time at all and I still barely got anything done, but Nathan had a blast and that is all that counts!

1 comment:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Awesome! I want to find a pre school for Poopie...